SORC is able to provide funding for a number of club activities and events. Each request is reviewed during the weekly SORC meetings. Whether a club wants to put on a dance or attend a conference, we are able to provide funding. Below is our funding request form and guidelines.
If requesting funding related to an event, DO NOT continue. Instead, please complete an Event Proposal on either the website or through a packet at Student Leadership.
What We Can Fund
- Supplies and materials
- Conferences (local and national)
- Food incidental to event or meeting
- Venue reservations
- Fundraising supplies
What We Cannot Fund
- Food requests with less than 4 week notice
- Travel requests with less than 6 week notice
- Gift cards, gifts of appreciation
- Prizes for raffles or games of chance
- Reimbursements without pre-approval
- Instructional activities
- Private parties
SORC does our best to fund all that is possible. Please contact us, we are here to help! To apply for club funding, use the online funding request form and guidelines.
- Travel – No later than six weeks prior to travel date
- Guest Speakers/Performers – No later than six weeks prior to speaking/performance date
- Large Purchases – No later than five weeks prior to need date
- Venues – No later than eight weeks prior to event date
- Food – No later than four weeks prior to event date
Fundraise for your club
While SORC is able to provide funding for club activities and events, we only have so much to spread across to the other clubs. In the event that we are unable to provide full funding for a request, a club is always able to ask for funds from their club account. This account is managed by us but the ultimate decision on what to spend the money on is made by the club. Whenever a club fundraises, the money goes directly into their club account.