You Can Help Students
Each student board serves a unique function in helping students and creating an engaging learning environment on campus. There's an opportunity for you no matter what your skills and expertise are.
- The Associated Student Council (ASC) handles budget and policy issues and represents the student voice on campus.
- The College Activities Board (CAB) organize multicultural events and activities on campus that celebrate our community’s diversity.
- The Student Organizations Resource Council (SORC) helps student participate in club and supports clubs on campus.
- The Student Website and Publications (SWAP) Team produces the independent student newspaper, The Seattle Collegian, both online and in print.
- The Tournaments and Games Team (TAG Team) organizes and facilitates recreational activities that promote student involvement, fair play, and physical activity.
Find out more about our student boards by visiting their websites below.
Every Spring Quarter, students are selected to take on leadership roles for the following year on our six Student Boards. Most board members are selected through a group interview process and team composed of current board members and their advisor. The Associated Student Council has a special student driven process managed by the a committee composed of students from across the campus in order to ensure representatives are chosen by the student body.
You can see all open positions on our District's Employment Opportunities website.
Other Leadership Opportunities
There are more opportunities to have an impact on campus. Phi Theta Kappa - Alpha Chi Zeta Chapter (PTK) is our honor society on campus and they work on community service and academic study projects. Our student run information center, InfoCentral hires Student Ambassadors and volunteers to help guide students on campus. You can also join a committee to be involved in making a difference.